For rapid support please visit the helpdesk website at http://helpdesk.colin.edu to enter a trouble ticket.
The following members of the Technology Department are available for your assistance:
- J.P. McInnis, Director of Technology, 601.643.8488, email@example.com
- Bobby Kerrigan, Technology Specialist, Natchez, 601.446.1164 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jenna Selman, Hardware Support Specialist, 601.643.8486 email@example.com
- Briley Smith, Network Support Specialist, Phone Systems, 601.643.8241 firstname.lastname@example.org
- ALLIANT and other problems related to checking grades and schedules online should contact Demmie Letchworth or Sheryl Montgomery at 601.643.8403. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology offices for the Wesson Campus are located First Floor Fortenberry Building. The Natchez Campus office is located in Room 212.
Simpson County Center should contact J.P. McInnis or Missy Orders.
Dorm Students should be aware that network resources are monitored. Excessive utilization especially in terms of outbound traffic generated will generate questions. Peer 2 Peer applications will be monitored and abuse WILL RESULT in room disconnection from the network. IT IS ILLEGAL to share copyrighted materials. We will take all necessary actions to protect our network resources.
Questions or problems regarding this website should be directed to email@example.com
Student Guide to Information Technology Resources
Overview of Services offered:
All students at Co-Lin are charged a technology fee as part of the registration process. This fee is $7.50 per semester hour and not to exceed $75 per semester. The revenue generated via this fee has allowed the college to continue to upgrade technology and to expand the services offered to students. Did you know that as a Co-Lin student you have access to the following?
- Broadband Access for DORM STUDENTS. All dorm rooms have access to WiFi. Ethernet ports are no longer active within the dorm rooms. Make sure your computer has antivirus and updated service packs. The WiFi network is WolfDenWifi and the current password for dorm students is wolfdenwifi2021. Use this network to connect all of your devices – Phones, Laptops, SmartTVs, gaming consoles, etc. We are continuing to expand the dorm network and in the late fall of 2021 APs will be added to each room in Simpson, Franklin, and Bates dorms to improve signal quality.
- Network Account. Your network account will be required whenever you access a lab computer, webmail, web services, and your personal storage area (home directory). This is one account with one password. It will be vitally important that you do not share you account information. This account is the same as your ALLIANT account and is the StudentID number. For instance, given 000014354 as a student id, you would use the 14354 part to logon to lab computers. Your initial password would be the 6 digit date of birth in the format MMDDYY. We encourage you to change your password on the Alliant system. This password change will be synchronized with all other accounts.
- Email Account. While you are a student at Co-Lin you will have an email account. A typical student email address may look as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org. We use FirstInitial,Lastname, and last 4 digits of the StudentID. Once you leave Co-Lin, your email account will be terminated within 1 semester of your departure. We advise against using your Co-Lin email address as a link to your social media accounts or online banking or other merchant services.
- OneDrive. OneDrive is a part of the Microsoft Office 365 suite. As a student, you have access to 25Gb of cloud storage for files. The college no longer offers local storage or a “home directory,” so use One Drive as your storage for all class-related projects. Just a reminder that if you store personal files in this OneDrive you will eventually lose access to them once your account is terminated after you are no longer an actively enrolled student so please be sure to back any files you may need in the future.
- No computer? No problem. Each Library is open with access to current systems. All systems are furnished with CD/DVD burners and front USB ports for easy usage with USB drives. You may purchase blank CDs and USB storage media at the Campus Bookstore. Labs and complete wireless access are also available on the Natchez campus and at the Simpson County Center for student usage. You may want to check with your instructors on guidance to usage of other labs.
- WiFi is available in every building, classroom, and dorm. The main network that all faculty/staff should use is COLIN-SECURE. You must have a valid username and password to use this network. In all non-dorm locations guests and students should connect to the WolfPackWifi network. The current password is “backthepack”.