Veterans Services

Veterans Services Picture

Copiah-Lincoln Community College acknowledges the high level of commitment our military personnel have devoted to their country. Our Veteran Services Office (VSO) is prepared to assist you in furthering your education. The VSO can assist prospective and current military-related students in application, registration, financial aid, and other college processes whether a person is using military-related benefits or not. Satisfactory progress and attendance applies the same as any other student, yet the VSO can aid where military commitments compound these areas. Veterans who are attending college after a period of active duty in the armed forces may be eligible to receive undergraduate college credit. Inquiries about college credit for military service may be directed to the VSO. Graduating veterans also receive an honor cord from the Veterans Services Office whether using military-related benefits or not.

Among other awards, Co-Lin earned the 2017 Military Friendly School designation by Victory Media for the seventh year in a row. The Military Order of the Purple Heart also designated Co-Lin as a "Purple Heart College" for outstanding service to military veterans, service members, dependents, and survivors. Additionally, Co-Lin was named to the Military Times Best for Vets: Colleges 2017.

In accordance with Mississippi Code Section 37-103-25, Copiah-Lincoln Community College shall charge tuition at the in-state tuition rate for a student who is a veteran as defined by Title 38 of the United States Code, or a person entitled to education benefits under Title 8 of the United States Code. 

Please contact our director of veteran services, Dr. Tim Lea, for assistance. He can be reached at or 601.643.8634. Some of the benefits available to veterans include:

GI Bill®

The Department of Veterans Affairs provides educational benefits through the Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 30), Montgomery GI Bill®-Selected Reserve (Chapter 1606), Post 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33), Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35), and Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (Chapter 31). If you are applying for the first time, you need to submit an application for education benefits online at or

Other military-related financial aid:

The Veteran Services Office will gladly assist in the application process on any of the above.

Best For Vets Colleges   Military Order of the Purple Heart   Military Friendly Top 10 School