Students Obtaining Academic Rewards
TRIO Student Support Services
What is Students Obtaining Academic Rewards?
Students Obtaining Academic Rewards (SOAR) is a student support services program at Co-Lin's Natchez Campus, made possible by a TRIO grant funded by the U.S. Department of Education. The program is designed to provide academic support services to improve academic performance and increase retention, graduation, and transfer rates of eligible students.
Which services are available?
SOAR participants benefit from a number of support services at no cost. Services include:
- Personal, academic, and career counseling
- Academic tutoring
- Academic advising
- Peer mentoring
- Financial aid assistance
- Financial and economic literacy education
- Transfer assistance
- Academic success skills and personal development workshops
- University campus tours
- Cultural enrichment events and activities
- Grant aid
How do I join SOAR?
Check your eligibility. To meet federal eligibility requirements, you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident of the U.S.
- Be a student at Co-Lin – Natchez Campus
- Demonstrate a need for academic assistance
- Meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent has earned a baccalaureate degree)
- Meet income guidelines (family’s taxable income does not exceed levels set by federal government)
- Have a documented disability.
- Complete an application
- Complete and submit an application (PDF) for services
Once all application materials are received, candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Do you need additional information or assistance?
Copiah-Lincoln Community College
11 Co-Lin Circle
Natchez, MS 39120