Financial Aid Checklist
- Apply for admission to Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
- If you are an incoming freshman, have ACT scores and official high school transcripts sent to the Admissions Office. If you are a transfer student, you must have official transcripts sent from ALL previous colleges attended.
- If you are logging in to https://fafsa.ed.gov for the first time, click the link to create an FSA ID for the student and/or parent.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov after October 1. It is best to apply after federal tax returns have been filed.
- FAFSA will send you a Student Aid Report confirming the information you submitted. It is important that you review the report for accuracy.
- Check all mail, emails, and your MyPack portal regularly for additional requirement notifications and important updates.
- For Mississippi residents, apply for State Financial Aid after October 1 at http://riseupms.com/state-aid; the deadline is September 15.
- Complete the Co-Lin Community College Endowed Scholarship Application by March 1.
- For the first time, those who are direct loan borrowers must complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and the Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling at the Student Loan website. You will need your FSA ID to log in to this site. The confirmations will be sent to the Financial Aid Office. You also must have a current FAFSA on file and completed and be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree.
- Students who do not have sufficient financial aid awards to cover tuition and fees should contact the Business Office to arrange a fee payment plan.
The Financial Aid Office is located in the Henley Student Services Building. This office is open Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Financial Aid telephone number is 601.643.8464.