Schedule a Proctored Exam
All online courses offered at Co-Lin WILL REQUIRE ONE IN-PERSON PROCTORED EXAM. Depending on the course, the instructor may also choose to give additional assignments/quizzes/exams that are virtually proctored by BioSight. For more information about that system and how to use it, please visit this page.
*If you are not a Co-Lin student, please contact your respective college's proctoring lab for more information on your proctoring options.
- For the required in-person exam, the student may schedule an appointment at any of the testing facilities located on all 15 community college campuses in Mississippi by clicking on In-Person Proctoring.
- For Bio-Sight-protected exams, the student may use the available equipment on any of Co-Lin’s campuses OR will need to have reliable internet and a webcam and microphone.
It is important to note the following about the different types of proctoring:
- In-person proctoring will require that an appointment be made through the scheduling feature in Canvas at least 24 hours in advance of testing. The student will need to bring a photo ID (driver’s license, college ID, etc.).
- Although virtual proctoring MAY be done remotely, a lack of the necessary equipment is not an excuse for failure to complete required coursework. If the student does not have the necessary equipment, he/she may use the available equipment on any of Co-Lin’s campuses.
For more information about coming to campus to test, please contact your campus’ proctor:
Wesson Campus proctor: 601.643.8636 or 601.643.8617 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Natchez Campus proctor: 601.446.1107 or 601.446.1101 or email@example.com
Simpson County Center proctor: 601.849.0119 or 601.849.0116 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall 2022 Proctor Hours
The lab will be open beginning September 6, 2022.
Wesson Campus - Assessment Center in the Library
- Monday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Natchez Campus - Library
- Monday - Wednesday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Thursday: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday: closed
Simpson County Center - Library
- Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday: closed
To maintain the integrity of online classes, Zoom-proctoring will not be available to all online students. Zoom-proctoring will only be available to students who have an approved hardship (ex: military deployment, quarantine, out-of-state work assignment) for not being able to take their exam in person. Co-Lin’s eLearning Team will facilitate any approved Zoom-proctoring sessions.
You must submit your request for a Zoom-proctoring appointment at least five (5) days before you need to take your exam. This timeline is strictly enforced. Any requests after that point will be automatically denied. Your request will be reviewed and validated by the Office of eLearning. After the eLearning Team has received your request, you will receive an email confirming whether your request has been approved or denied.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com