What is eLearning?
eLearning is the use of technology to learn anywhere and anytime. It is an instructional delivery method that does not require the student to be physically present in the same location as the instructor. Historically, distance education meant correspondence. Today, audio, video, and computer technology are more common delivery modes.
eLearning students should:
- Have proficient computer skills, including the use of email and the internet
- Take initiative and be self-reliant and self-motivated
- Have self-discipline and be able to follow written directions
- Actively participate and complete assignments and the proctored exam before the due date
- Make time to study
- Address any difficulties with the instructor as soon as the need arises