Prospective eLearning Students
What is eLearning?
eLearning is the use of technology to learn anywhere and anytime. It is an instructional delivery method that does not require the student to be physically present in the same location as the instructor. Historically, distance education meant correspondence. Today, audio, video, and computer technology are more common delivery modes.
eLearning students should:
- Have proficient computer skills, including the use of email and the internet
- Take initiative and be self-reliant and self-motivated
- Have self-discipline and be able to follow written directions
- Actively participate and complete assignments and the proctored exam before the due date
- Make time to study
- Address any difficulties with the instructor as soon as the need arises
Steps for eLearning Students
- If you are not a current Copiah-Lincoln Community College student, you will need to complete an application for admission to the college. Please review the admission requirements.
- Make an appointment with your advisor to select your courses. (Please contact the Enrollment Services Office if you do not know your advisor).
- If needed, complete your financial aid application. Please contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- If you meet the admissions requirements or have clearance by the Admissions Office, click on the eLearning Class Offerings and Registration link, the click on the MSVCC Registration Request link.
- Enter your student information. You will be required to add leading zeros to make your ID number nine digits long. For example, ID number 12345 should be entered as 000012345. Please enter your Co-Lin or valid email address. If there are conflicts with your registration request, you will be notified by the email address you provide. Failure to follow these steps may result in your registration request not being processed.
- Within three to five days, the counselor checks and approves your registration request. If there are NO conflicts, courses are entered in Alliant.
- Please note that you may only register once. To request schedule changes to your registration request, click on Request Schedule Changes under the Current eLearning Students tab and complete the form entirely.
- Order your textbooks at least two weeks before classes start. Some courses may require eBooks that will be automatically available the first day of class and billed to your account. If you have questions about your textbook, please contact your instructor or one of the Co-Lin Bookstores.
- Make sure you access your courses the first day of class and check your Co-Lin email. Your Co-Lin email is your primary email address for all correspondence.
- See tuition and fees for tuition and the nonrefundable MSVCC fee.
FIRST READ STEPS BELOW BEFORE ACCESSING THE LINK
Click MSVCC Self Registration
Click Ready to Register (in green)
- Select the semester (Fall 2018)
- Enter your 9-digit ID number (include leading zeros)
- Select Copiah-Lincoln Community College
- Select the campus (Wesson, Natchez, or Simpson)
Enter Name, Email address, and Telephone number
- Click “Save Student”
- Select courses
- Click “Submit for Approval”
You should receive an email from MSVCC regarding receipt of your schedule. Allow three to five business days to process.
NOTE all courses may not be available to be taken through Co-Lin.
Please see the eLearning Calendar for registration dates.
See tuition and fees for tuition and the nonrefundable MSVCC fee.