Instruction has resumed on an appointment basis. Current students should contact your instructor to schedule a visit.
Instructors may be contacted directly through Remind or email:
High school equivalency testing, including GED & HiSet, has resumed on a limited basis. Click on 'HSE Testing Options' at the bottom of this page for more information.
What is Adult Education?
Adult Education programs are for adults who have not yet completed high school. Here is your opportunity to increase your education, whether you want to enter employment or get a promotion that is currently out of reach. Often called "GED Prep" classes, high school education and employment skills are presented in a relaxed atmosphere by teachers who want you to succeed. All Adult Education classes are FREE. Learn more about the programs we offer, and the qualifications, below:
High School Equivalency (HSE)/GED Prep Class
- Students, at least 18 years old*, without a high school diploma & not currently enrolled in school
- Instructors provide assistance to increase educational knowledge in order to pass the HSE test
- A minimum of 45 instructional hours is required
- The goal is attainment of a HSE diploma & an employability credential (Smart Start & NCRC)
Smart Start Class
- Students, at least 18 years old*, with a desire to become successfully employed or enhance their resume
- Instruction provides employability skills to enhance success in the workplace
- Available completely online with proctored site requirements
- The goal is attainment of a Smart Start Credential, inclusive of an NCRC
When & Where Can I Enroll?
Enrollment begins with a completed Intake Assessment Form. That form can be downloaded here, requested to be mailed to you, or picked up at the local Adult Education Office.
Completed forms can be returned via email to email@example.com, mailed to Copiah-Lincoln Community College Adult Education, P.O. Box 649; Wesson, MS 39191; or dropped off at the local Adult Education Office.
Upon receipt of the completed form, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
For additional information and/or questions, contact us at the Office of Adult Education:
Wesson Campus 601.643.8655
Natchez Campus 601.446.1151
Simpson Co. Center 601.849.0155