Adult Education Class Registration
July 6, 2021 5:00 p.m.
Wesson Campus: Dow Young Building
Natchez Campus: Tom Reed Academic Building
Due to limited space, students are asked to report alone. Students ages 16 & 17 may be accompanied by one parent/guardian.
The session will take approximately three hours and will include an explanation of program requirements, completion of intake forms, and educational assessments.
Classes will run from July 19-September 9, 2021, with the following options:
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday, 5:00-8:00 p.m.
For more information, call Co-Lin Adult Education at 601-643-8655
What is Adult Education?
Adult Education programs are for adults who have not yet completed high school. Here is your opportunity to increase your education, whether you want to enter employment or get a promotion that is currently out of reach. Often called "GED Prep" classes, high school education and employment skills are presented in a relaxed atmosphere by teachers who want you to succeed. All Adult Education classes are FREE. Learn more about the programs we offer, and the qualifications, below:
High School Equivalency (HSE)/GED Prep Class
- Students, at least 18 years old*, without a high school diploma & not currently enrolled in school
- Instructors provide assistance to increase educational knowledge in order to pass the HSE test
- A minimum of 40 instructional hours is required
- The goal is attainment of a HSE diploma & an employability credential (Smart Start & NCRC)
Smart Start Class
- Students, at least 18 years old*, with a desire to become successfully employed or enhance their resume
- Instruction provides employability skills to enhance success in the workplace
- Available completely online with proctored site requirements
- The goal is attainment of a Smart Start Credential, inclusive of an NCRC
*Students under the age of 18 must make prior contact with program director Karen Gaudet at 601.643.8654.
When & Where Can I Enroll?
Group registrations are scheduled for the following dates from 5-8 p.m.:
July 6, 2021
September 14, 2021
January 11, 2022
March 22, 2022
Registration between these dates can be requested by submitting a completed Intake Assessment Form. That form can be downloaded here, requested to be mailed to you, or picked up at the local Adult Education Office.
Completed forms can be returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed to Copiah-Lincoln Community College Adult Education, P.O. Box 649; Wesson, MS 39191; or dropped off at the local Adult Education Office.
Upon receipt of the completed form, we will contact you to schedule an appointment.
For additional information and/or questions, contact us at the Office of Adult Education:
Wesson Campus 601.643.8655