The Fine Arts Division houses the Art (visual art) and Music Departments.
The visual art department offers a variety of studio classes in both 2D and 3D media. Co-Lin visual arts students have the opportunity to participate in community and school projects, be part of the Art Club, and participate in educational field trips. Our renovated Mutton Art Gallery hosts a variety of local and regional artists throughout the school year. Foundation classes in visual arts include Ceramics, Drawing, Painting, 2D Design, 3D Design, Art History, and Art Appreciation.
Visual art students will have the opportunity to display their work in the Student Art Show in the spring and participate in the State Community College Art Competition and the Brookhaven Regional Arts, Guild Competition, which is a local competition. Field trip and exhibition opportunities are also available.
Clubs & Organizations
- Art Students League – The Art Students League is open for membership to anyone with an interest in the visual arts.
The Music Department offers opportunities for students to work toward careers in the entertainment industry, music performance, or music education. Students can also be a part of several vocal and musical ensembles. Foundation classes in the music department include music theory, music theory lab, recital, performing ensembles, and music appreciation. The department also offers applied lessons in guitar, piano, voice, woodwind, brass and percussion.
Students have the opportunity to audition to be part of the Concert Choir and The Ambassadors. These groups have multiple performance opportunities, which include different genres of vocal music such as sacred, traditional, Broadway, and jazz. Scholarships are given every semester to students accepted into these ensembles.
The Blue Wave Show Band is just one of many musical organizations on the Wesson Campus. The Colettes (Mississippi's Original Dance Team) and Color Guard are important members of the Blue Wave Show Band. Students have an opportunity to specialize in other musical groups, including the Brass, Woodwind, and Percussion Ensembles, Co-Lin Jazz, Symphonic Band, and The Sojourners. Students must audition to become part of these groups.
Clubs & Organizations
- Blue Wave Show Band- Learn more about tryouts for Band, Choir, Colettes, Color Guard by clicking here.
- Co-Lin College Music Society – The Music Society is open to all students who are interested in music or anyone involved in the band or choir on the Wesson Campus.
- Phi Theta Kappa: PTK is the international honor society for two-year colleges, promoting scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship among students. Membership is by invitation only. Each campus has a chapter: Wesson Campus – Eta Omega, Natchez Campus – Alpha Alpha Zeta, and Simpson County Campus – Beta Xi Psi.
- Student Government Association: SGA serves as the legislative body for all students. Officers are elected to their positions. Organizations are on all three Co-Lin campuses.
- Trailblazers: Trailblazers are the hospitality and recruiting group that takes part in many activities at Co-Lin. Students become Trailblazers through an application process. Organizations are on all three Co-Lin campuses.