COVID-19 UPDATE 4.16.20
April 16, 2020
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the impact on our college district, the following plans have been made:
- Spring semester will remain online for the duration of the Spring 2020 term.
- All Summer courses will be offered in an online instructional format. This includes Maymester, Summer Term I and II, and Career Term.
- Current students should check Canvas for information from their advisor about registering for Summer and Fall classes.
- Spring Commencement has been postponed until August 4, 2020 for all three campuses. On August 4, a joint ceremony for all three campuses will be held on the Wesson Campus. Additional details about graduation will be shared at a later date.
- Residential (dorm) students should check their email regarding check-out instructions.
Refunds for Housing & Meal Plans:
- Refunds will be pro-rated from March 16 (the day student would have returned if Spring Break had not been extended).
- Refunds will first be applied to any outstanding balances owed to the college. Remaining funds will be issued directly to eligible students.
- If housing or meal plan fees were paid by Co-Lin institutional, Foundation, or athletic scholarships, the student will not be eligible for a refund.
- Students who officially withdrew from the college prior to March 16 are not eligible for refunds.
- Since classes are proceeding via online and other remote instructional methods, refunds will not be issued for any tuition or other fees.
- Given that Spring Commencement is postponed but not cancelled, graduation fees will not be refunded.
- Students who are eligible for refunds will receive more information via email in the coming weeks. Our goal is to begin the process of issuing refunds to eligible students immediately and to disburse all refunds no later than May 15. Based on each students’ unique circumstances, it may be several weeks before every eligible student receives a refund.
For more information about the college's response to this pandemic, visit our COVID-19 page here.
Stay up-to-date on college operations by checking our social media accounts, www.colin.edu, and your Co-Lin email account.