COVID-19 UPDATE 3.18.20
CO-LIN COVID-19 UPDATE
MARCH 18, 2020
Hello Co-Lin Family,
I wanted to reassure you that we are working tirelessly to ensure that our students and employees are taken care of during this uncertain time for our country, our state, and our local communities. The administrative team has been constantly monitoring the current COVID-19 situation in the U.S. and the State of Mississippi. We have been in regular communication with each other as well as with other institutions to ensure that our Co-Lin plan is reasonable, consistent, appropriate, and flexible. The recent decision to extend the break was not an easy one; however, I do believe it was the right call. In order for the college to limit potential future exposure, we have made the decision to implement policies and practices that promote social distancing.
I would like to thank the administration and faculty for their work to begin preparing for an online shift of instructional delivery for academic courses along with an alternate, limited access delivery plan for our CTE programs. This shift will be implemented beginning Monday, March 23 and remain in place indefinitely. Students should access Canvas to begin working on their assignments.
Also, on March 23, the professional and support staff will have limited access to offices and work an alternate schedule in small teams to ensure there is no interruption in normal workflow i.e. mail is being processed and bills are getting paid.
- Residential Students should not return to campus until further notice. If students have essential items they need to retrieve from their residence hall they must do so by Saturday, March 21 by 3 p.m.
- All college travel has been suspended indefinitely.
- All events hosted by Co-Lin or in a Co-Lin facility have been suspended indefinitely.
- The Co-Lin Daycare will remain closed indefinitely.
- Golf Course Operations will remain closed indefinitely.
- All Spring Athletics have been canceled by NJCAA.
- Current Adult Education students should access online materials. High School Equivalency testing has been suspended indefinitely.
Campus Police and Maintenance Personnel will have differing schedules to ensure the safety and security of our campuses. It is the college’s desire to maintain employment/wages for all employees during this time. Our plan is for all regular, benefits-eligible employees, including exempt and non-exempt, both full-time and part-time status, to continue to receive their regular pay during this period of uncertainty.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as Co-Lin seeks to serve its students, employees, and public the best way it can during these challenging times.
Jane G. Hulon, Ph.D.
View Co-Lin's COVID-19 statement from March 13, 2020 here.