Co-Lin announces plans for graduation ceremony to be held in August
Copiah-Lincoln Community College Spring commencement ceremonies originally planned for May 13-15, 2020 were postponed until August 4, 2020 due to COVID-19. The college has announced the following plans for commencement:
- Two commencement ceremonies will be held for Spring 2020 graduates. Graduates from all three campuses will participate in one of the two ceremonies held in Mullen Gymnasium on the Wesson Campus.
- Graduates with last names A-H will participate in the 9:30 a.m. ceremony and last names I-Z will participate in the 1:30 p.m. ceremony.
- To ensure social distancing, NO guests will be allowed at either commencement ceremony. Only graduates and select Co-Lin staff members will be allowed inside Mullen Gym during commencement.
- The ceremonies will be streamed LIVE at www.colin.edu and on Copiah-Lincoln Community College’s Facebook page for family and friends to watch.
- Graduates will be provided with a Co-Lin face mask to wear as they enter the gymnasium. Masks will be required for all graduates and staff members present.
- There will be NO rehearsal for graduation.
CAP & GOWN PICKUP:
- All graduates should pick up their cap and gown on July 27 or July 28, 2020 from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Wesson Campus: A drive-thru pickup will be outside of the Henley Student Union. Students should enter the parking lot behind the Dow/Young Building and drive forward to the Henley Student Union. Students should remain in their vehicle. A Co-Lin staff member will come to your vehicle and deliver your cap/gown to you.
- Simpson County Center: Pickup will be in the foyer of the Parker Academic Building.
- Natchez Campus: A drive-thru pickup will be outside of the Tom Reed Academic Building. A Co-Lin staff member will come to your vehicle and deliver your cap/gown to you.
- Graduates who are unable to participate in commencement ceremonies should still pick up their cap and gown. The college will not be able to issue refunds.