The Write Place
The Writing Center offers free, interactive, one-on-one writing consultations for students wanting to improve their writing skills. Located in the Mutton Building on the Wesson Campus, The Writing Center can help during any stage of the writing process. In general, instructors help you understand your writing assignments, brainstorm ideas, and get started on drafts, examine drafts in progress for strengths and weaknesses, and make plans for revising and improving your work. All students are encouraged to take advantage of this resource.
To use the services at The Write Place, you'll need to use our Student Portal to schedule an appointment. Here are the steps to create an account and schedule an appointment:
- Follow this link to sign up for an appointment at The Write Place: colin.mywconline.com
- Select "Register for a new account" on the left side of the page.
- Create a new account by filling out the information and selecting "Register" once you've completed the page.
- The website will then redirect you back to the home screen, where you’ll be able to log in with your email and password.
- After logging in, you'll see the calendar for The Write Place on the home screen.
- Instructors who offer sessions are listed on the left under each day. Available time slots are white.
- Double-click on the white time slot that you want to schedule with an instructor.
- Fill in the appointment information and select "Save Appointment."
For additional writing tips, you can also visit this online resource: Writer's Reference Center.