Other Scholarship Resources
Financial Aid Research Through the WEB (FastWEB) is the largest free scholarship search on the internet. FastWEB's database is composed of over 400,000 scholarships. You can access FastWEB at fastweb.com. FastWEB will lead you through a series of questions about yourself, ranging from heritage to career objectives to student activities.
You should set aside at least 10 minutes to go through the entire profile and be sure to answer all of the questions to the best of your ability. If you obtain scholarships through this web service or have any questions or comments about FastWEB, please contact FastWEB via e-mail at email@example.com. We wish you luck in your search for financial aid through this source.
AMERICORPS offers a choice of thousands of real opportunities to help others in need. Check out their website for scholarship opportunities.
MG JAMES URSANO SCHOLARSHIP FUND is administered by the Army Emergency Relief (AER). It is the objective of the AER to ensure all Army families are made aware of this scholarship that is for dependent children of Army soldiers. Visit their website to apply for this scholarship online.
Mississippi Vocational Rehabilitation provides assistance for students with disabilities. For information on this agency, you will need to call 601.853.5100.
FIRST-GENERATION STUDENT is one of the top on-line resources for those who are (or want to be) the first in their family to attend college.
- Mississippi Institutions of Higher Learning
- Mississippi Prepaid Affordable College Tuition Program
- Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Gates Millennium Scholars
- BrainTrack Business School Scholarship (Re-launch coming soon)
- AES Engineers Scholarship
- Medical Group Management Association of Mississippi Scholarship
- Associate Degree Scholarship Program
- Starving Student $1,000 Scholarship Opportunity
- Student Saver Scholarship Opportunity
- SpecialCableDeals.com $1,000 Scholarship Contest
- B. Davis Scholarship $1,000
- BigSun Scholarship $500
- Association of Governmental Accountants (AGA)/Jackson Chapter Scholarship $1,000
- Nurses Link - Deadlines to apply are April 30 and October 31 every year
- MyProjectorLamps Scholarship - $500 scholarship awarded to 2 students who best explore a specific topic
- College Affordability for Minority Students
- F.C. Tucker Scholarship - $1,500 scholarship awarded to 1 qualifying student
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship - $1,500/per semester awarded to 1 declared science major
- Internet Providers Scholarship - $1,000 scholarship
- CourseHero - $1,000 Scholarship
- LawnStarter - $1,000 Scholarship
- Citrix RightSignature Stories Scholarship - $5,000; $3,000; & $2,000
- Secure Your Trademark Scholarship
- Minority Scholarships
- COIT Cleaning and Restoration Scholarship - $1,000
- Custody X Change Giving - Scholarships for Spring, Summer, & Fall for single parents
- Student Loan Hero Scholarship - Deadline August 15, 2017 & December 15, 2017
Check the following local sources for scholarship information.
- The company for which the student or parent works
- Civic clubs and/or organizations
- Clubs to which the student or parent belongs
- Various businesses and/or industries in your area
- Local chamber of commerce