Financial Aid Checklist
- Apply for admission to Copiah-Lincoln Community College.
- If you are an incoming freshman, have ACT scores and official high school transcripts sent to the Admissions Office. If you are a transfer student, you must have official transcripts sent from ALL previous colleges attended.
- If you are logging in to https://fafsa.ed.gov for the first time, click the link to create an FSA ID for the student and/or parent.
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at https://fafsa.ed.gov after October 1. It is best to apply after federal tax returns have been filed.
- FAFSA will send you a Student Aid Report confirming the information you submitted. It is important that you review the report for accuracy.
- Check all mail, emails, and your MyPack portal regularly for additional requirement notifications and important updates.
- For Mississippi residents, apply for State Financial Aid after October 1 at http://riseupms.com/state-aid; the deadline is September 15.
- Complete the Co-Lin Community College Endowed Scholarship Application by March 1.
- For the first time, those who are direct loan borrowers must complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN) and the Stafford Loan Entrance Counseling at: http://www.studentloans.gov. You will need your FSA ID to log in to this site. The confirmations will be sent to the Financial Aid Office. You also must have a current FAFSA on file and completed and be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree.
- You must accept your financial aid awards for them to become active on your student account. You do this by logging into your MyPack account, then select Student Information Center, select Financial Information, select Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, select the correct award year. Under "Grants and scholarships to pay for college," click Accept.
- Before you can use your financial aid to purchase books and supplies in the College Bookstore, you must go to your MyPack account and click on Student Information Center. Then click Scheduling, Payment Tuition and Fees, and Complete Registration.
- Students who do not have sufficient financial aid awards to cover tuition and fees should contact the Business Office to arrange a fee payment plan.
The Financial Aid Office is located in the Henley Student Services Building. This office is open Monday through Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Fridays 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. The Financial Aid telephone number is 601.643.8464.