eLearning is the use of technology to learn anywhere and anytime. It is instructional delivery that does not require the student to be physically present in the same location as the instructor. Historically, distance education meant correspondence. Today, audio, video and computer technology are more common delivery modes.
eLearning students should:
1. Have proficient computer skills, including the use of email and the Internet
2. Take initiative, be self-reliant and self-motivated
3. Have self-discipline and be able to follow written directions
4. Must actively participate and complete assignments and proctored exam before the due date
5. Make time to study
6. Address difficulties with instructor as soon as need arises