Click here to download the Student Consumer Information.
Direct Loans are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student's education after high school. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education (the Department).
With Direct Loans, you:
If you receive a federal loan, you can only use the money to pay for educational expenses at CLCC. These include: tuition and fees; books, supplies, and equipment; the rental or purchase of a personal computer; room and board; dependent child care expenses; transportation; and miscellaneous expenses.
Federal loans are a better deal than loans from private lenders. Federal student loans generally have lower interest rates that are fixed, generous repayment plans, no repayment penalties, and no credit checks (except for PLUS loans).
You can track your loan history at the National Student Loan Data System. All your federal loan information is reported to NSLDS, where you, your loan servicer, and other authorized users can access it.
The forms below may NOT be submitted electronically. All forms (along with any required supporting documents) must be printed, and then mailed, faxed, or turned in directly to the Financial Aid Office. Please complete all forms in black or blue ink.
2015-2016 FAFSA Verification Documents (Fall 2015 * Spring 2016 * Summer 2016)
FAFSA Checklist 2015-2016
Dependent 2015-2016 Verification Worksheet (Household, Tax/Non-Tax, SNAP, Child Support Paid)
Dependency Override Appeal Form 2015-2016
FERPA Waiver Form
High School Completion Verification
Household Resources Verification
Identity/Statement of Education Purpose
Independent 2015-2016 Verification Worksheet (Household, Tax/Non-Tax, SNAP, Child Support Paid)
Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose
Legal Dependent Verification Form
Parent Information Verification Worksheet
Student Authorization Form
Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification
Other Financial Aid Documents
OTHER SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS:
Family Tuition Benefit Waiver 2015-2016 (For Employee DEPENDENTS Only)
Family Tuition Benefit Waiver (For EMPLOYEES Only)
Non-Traditional Student Scholarship Application & Policy
To receive financial aid through most of the student financial assistance programs at Copiah-Lincoln Community College, you must:
* be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen;
* be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate program;
* make satisfactory academic progress toward a degree;
* not be in default on a loan or owe a repayment on a grant received at Copiah-Lincoln Community College or any other institution; and
* demonstrate financial need. (Some scholarships and loans are exceptions; refer to the descriptions of individual programs.)
* register with selective service, if required.
* have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or meet other state standards.
* have a valid social security number.
* use assistance for educational purposes.