Financial Aid

Financial Literacy

Are you a student loan borrower who will be GRADUATING this semester?
If the answer is yes, we need your help.
1) Visit and complete the on-line Exit Counseling.
2) PRINT the confirmation page and return it to the Financial Aid Office at your campus.
Social Media - Federal Student Aid
Stay connected and informed with Federal Student Aid through social media:
Other Resources: 

Student Consumer Information

Make a hit to download the Student Consumer Information.

Student Loans

Direct Loans are low-interest loans for students and parents to help pay for the cost of a student's education after high school. The lender is the U.S. Department of Education (the Department).

With Direct Loans, you:

  1. Borrow directly from the federal government and have a single contact - your loan servicer - for everything related to the repayment of your loans, even if you receive Direct Loans at different schools;
  2. Have online access to your Direct Loan account information via your servicer's website;
  3. Can choose from several repayment plans that are designed to meet the needs of most borrowers, and you can switch repayment plans if your needs change.
Types of Loans:

Annual Limits for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans:

Dependent Undergraduates

                                                        Sub            Total Sub/Unsub.

First Year....................... $ 3,500 ................. .$ 5,500

Second Year................... $ 4,500 .................. $ 6,500

Independent Undergraduates

First Year......................... $ 3,500................. $ 9,500

Second Year.................... $ 4,500 .................$ 10,500

  1. Subsidized Direct Loan - These loans are for undergraduate students with demonstrated financial need, as determined by federal regulations.  No interest is charged while a student is enrolled in school at least half-time, during the grace period, and during deferment periods.
  2. Unsubsidized Direct Loan - This type of loan is not based on financial need.  Interest is charged during all periods, even during the time a student is in school and during grace and deferment periods.
  3. Parent PLUS Loan - Parent PLUS Loans enable parents with good credit histories to borrow money to help pay for the educational expenses of undergraduate students enrolled on att least a half-time basis. Parent PLUS Loans are not based on financial need. A credit check is required to ensure the applicant does not have adverse credit. There are no loan limits for the Parent PLUS Loan. Parent borrowers may be eligible to borrow an amount equal to the cost of attendance less any other financial aid the dependent student receives. Interest begins to accrue from the first disbursement date, and repayment begins within 60 days after the final loan disbursement. Click here to apply for the Federal Direct Parent Plus Loan.
  4. Private Education Loan - Private Education Loans can help you pay for college, generally at a better interest rate than other lines of credit. You should only use private education loans as supplemental funding after you have exhausted all other sources of financial aid, including grants, scholarships, work-study, and Federal Direct Loans. As with any student loan, be conservative and only borrow what you absolutely need.
What Can You Use Loan Money For?

If you receive a federal loan, you can only use the money to pay for educational expenses at CLCC.  These include: tuition and fees; books, supplies, and equipment; the rental or purchase of a personal computer; room and board; dependent child care expenses; transportation; and miscellaneous expenses. 

How to Apply for the 2017-2018 Award Year (Fall 2017 * Spring 2018 * Summer 2018)
  1. Complete a FAFSA for the 2017-2018 award year at
  2. Complete Entrance Counseling online. PRINT and ATTACH completion confirmation page.
  3. Submit your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loans online. (PRINT and ATTACH completion confirmation page.)
  4. Review your Loan History online. (PRINT and ATTACH your NSLDS information.)
  5. Complete and return the Direct Loan Information Form to the Co-Lin Financial Aid Office.
Federal Loans vs. Private Loans

Federal loans are a better deal than loans from private lenders. Federal student loans generally have lower interest rates that are fixed, generous repayment plans, no repayment penalties, and no credit checks (except for PLUS loans).

Track Your Loan History

You can track your loan history at the National Student Loan Data System. All your federal loan information is reported to NSLDS, where you, your loan servicer, and other authorized users can access it. 


Direct Subsidized Loan Time Limitation If you receive your first federal student loan after June 30, 2013, there is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans. In general, you may not receive Direct Subsidized Loans for more than 150% of the published length of your program. This is called your "maximum eligibility period." In addition, if you continue to be enrolled in any undergraduate program after you have received Direct Subsidized Loans for your maximum eligibility period, we will no longer (with certain exceptions) pay the interest that accrues on your Direct Subsidized Loans for periods when we would normally have done so. This is called losing interest subsidy. Remember:  Loss of eligibility for Direct Subsidized Loans due to the time limitation has no impact on your eligibility for Direct Unsubsidized Loans. The periods of time that count against your maximum eligibility period are periods of enrollment (also known as "loan periods") for which you received Direct Subsidized Loans.  If you enroll in a new program that is longer than your previous program, you may regain eligibility to receive Direct Subsidized Loans.

Maximum Eligibility Period to Receive Direct Subsidized Loans

There is a limit on the maximum period of time (measured in academic years) that you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans. In general, you may not receive Direct Subsidized Loans for more than 150% of the published length of your program. This is called your "maximum eligibility period". You can usually find the published length of any program of study in CLCC’s catalog. For example, if you are enrolled in a 2-year associate degree program, the maximum period for which you can receive Direct Subsidized Loans is 3 years (150% of 2 years = 3 years). Your maximum eligibility period is based on the published length of your current program. This means that your maximum eligibility period can change if you change programs. Also, if you receive Direct Subsidized Loans for one program and then change to another program, the Direct Subsidized Loans you received for the earlier program will generally count against your new maximum eligibility period.

Effect of Borrowing While Enrolled Part-Time

If you receive a Direct Subsidized Loan when you are enrolled less than full-time, the period that is counted against your maximum eligibility period will be reduced. For example, if you are enrolled half-time and receive a Direct Subsidized Loan for a period of enrollment that covers a full academic year, this will count as only one-half of a year against your maximum eligibility period.

Summer Loan Eligibility

Please be aware that if you borrow all of your loan eligibility during Fall and Spring, you will not have any loan eligibility remaining for Summer. If your program requires attendance during the Summer semester, you may want to consider budgeting your annual loan eligibility across 3 semesters.

For More Information
  1. The federal government offers a lot of detailed information about loans at
  2. To estimate eligibility to determine if you may qualify for Income-Based Repayment (IBR) visit
  3. To gain information on loans before you owe:
  4. To view the Code of Conduct



Financial Aid Forms

The forms below may NOT be submitted electronically.  All forms (along with any required supporting documents) must be printed, and then mailed, faxed, or turned in directly to the Financial Aid Office.  Please complete all forms in black or blue ink.

2017-2018 FAFSA Verification Documents (Fall 2017 * Spring 2018 * Summer 2018)

FAFSA Checklist 2017-2018
Financial Aid Opportunities
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy 2017-2018

Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Waiver Form
Dependent 2017-2018 Verification Worksheet
Independent 2017-2018 Verification Worksheet
Low Income/Non-Tax Filer Worksheet 2017-2018
High School Completion Verification
IRS Form 4506-T to Request a Tax Return Transcript
IRS Form 4506-T to Request a Non-Filer Letter
Identity/Statement of Educational Purpose
Dependency Status Determination 2017-2018
Parent Information Verification Worksheet
Dependency Override Appeal Form 2017-2018
Legal Dependent Verification Form 2017-2018
Asset Verification 2017-2018
Higher Degree Verification 2017-2018
Unaccompanied Homeless Youth Verification 2017-2018
Student Eligibility Worksheet for Question 23 2017-2018
Work-Study Application 2017-2018

Other Financial Aid Documents

Direct Loan Information Form 2017-2018 (Fall 2017, Spring 2018, & Summer 2018)
Entrance Counseling

Family Tuition Benefit Waiver- Employee/Board Member Dependent
Family Tuition Benefit Waiver- Employee/Board Member

Non-Traditional Student Scholarship Application & Policy

Financial Aid Appeal Form
Special Circumstance Appeal Form 2017-2018 


Student Eligibility


To receive financial aid through most of the student financial assistance programs at Copiah-Lincoln Community College, you must:

     * be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen;

     * be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate program;

     * make satisfactory academic progress toward a degree;

     * not be in default on a loan or owe a repayment on a grant received at Copiah-Lincoln Community College or any other institution; and

     * demonstrate financial need. (Some scholarships and loans are exceptions; refer to the descriptions of individual programs.)

     * register with selective service, if required.

     * have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate, pass a test approved by the U.S. Department of Education, or meet other state standards.

     * have a valid social security number.

     * use assistance for educational purposes.

Copiah-Lincoln Community College Wesson
Wesson | Natchez | Simpson
© 2012 Co-Lin, P.O. Box 649, Wesson, MS 39191 | DMCA information.
Copiah-Lincoln Community College is an equal opportunity institution in Education and Employment
Otter Creative Studio · Web Design & Development
twitter facebook  instagram snapchat Pinterest
MCCB-Logo great college to work for logobest for vets logotop ten logo