Office of Admissions
Dual Enrollment/Credit is a program which allows high school juniors and seniors meeting the requirements set forth to enroll in a college course prior to high school graduation, giving them first hand exposure to the requirements of college-level work while gaining high school and college credit simultaneously.
Where Can Dual Enrollment/Credit Courses Be Taught?
· By Co-Lin at the Wesson campus, Natchez campus, or Simpson County Center
· At an approved dual enrollment/credit high school
· Online Co-Lin course
What are the Requirements for Dual Enrollment/Credit?
Participating Students must have (provided by High School Counselor):
· Minimum of 14 Carnegie high school units
· Minimum ACT composite of 16 (or the equivalent SAT score), English Sub score minimum 17, Math Sub score minimum 19
· Overall 3.0 grade point average (4.0 scale)
· High school transcript
Counselor Forms for Dual Enrollment/Credit Courses
How do I enroll in the Dual Enrollment/Credit Program?
Contact your high school counselor. The counselor provides the needed academic information to Co-Lin for a student to apply as a dual enrollment/credit student, such as your transcript, ACT scores, etc. Textbooks may be purchased at the Co-Lin Bookstore. If you are a home-school student, please contact the appropriate person listed below.
Dr. Jill Logan
Simpson County Center
What are the benefits of participating in the Dual Enrollment/Credit Program?
· Enables students to engage in college-level coursework during high school.
· Increases the type and number of educational courses for high school students.
· Does not require additional testing or specific scores to transfer as college coursework.
· Courses transfer to any college or university.
· Students are encouraged, but not required, to continue at Co-Lin after high school graduation.
· Saves time and money for college courses leading to a degree.
· Supports Mississippi Scholars Program
· Increases students' confidence and expectations for navigating the transition between high school and college.
· Promotes collaboration between area high schools and Co-Lin.